If you are underrepresented in typical childbirth literature, I want to hear your perspective!!
If you are:
- A person who experienced any form of prejudice during pregnancy/birth
- A person whose cultural or religious beliefs factored into pregnancy/birthing decisions
- A person of color
- A large (or, if you prefer, "fat,") person
- A disabled person (visible or invisible disability)
- Not straight (identify as gay, bi, queer or otherwise)
- Not cisgender (identify as trans, genderqueer or otherwise)
- Polyamorous or polygamous
- An American immigrant
- A little person
- The parent of a baby born with a disability or birth defect
- A single parent
- A person who had a therapeutic abortion
- A person who experienced pregnancy/birth after previous abortion
- A person who had an empowering C-section
- A person who experienced a pregnancy that was a result of abuse, coercion or sexual assault
- A teenager
- HIV positive or living with AIDS
- A person who chose to preserve your baby's autonomy despite pressure to alter baby at birth
- A person who gave birth as a surrogate
- A sex worker
*edited to keep adding to this list
I would like to hear your story. If you don't fit anywhere on this list and want to share, there's no need to question whether your input is what I'm "looking for." If you feel inspired to contribute, your contribution is what I'm looking for! In addition, the comments section can be used to make suggestions of perspectives you'd like to see included.
To contribute, please respond to the following questions (or make a request for a phone interview) in an email with "Self Directed Childbirth" in the subject line to Lia_Joy@yahoo.com Sign with the first name you'd like to appear with your contribution (otherwise a pseudonym will be assigned,) and include a preferred pronoun if applicable. Feel free to include information/links to your related book, blog or business, and it may be included if applicable.
By emailing, you release your commentary to Lia Joy Rundle for publication. Understand that your words will be subjected to the editing process for length, grammar and/or spelling and I cannot guarantee that any or all of your story will appear in the finished book.
Birthing person/parent questions
Please feel free to email for references or if you have any questions before deciding whether to contribute.